Tuesday, March 23, 2010

my heart shaped photo album

I love how pictures have the power to transport you right back to the very moment in which they were taken. Isn't it amazing when you look at pictures of your life and you can almost smell the air? Or you can remember exactly how you were feeling right then, even if nobody else knows. I think that is why I love candid pictures so much (and silly pictures!). Taking pictures is like freezing moments in time so you can preserve them in your heart shaped photo album.

Today I looked at a bunch of pictures from the weekend that just passed. The weekend was spent adventuring around Griffith Park and Oxnard and Avalon at Warner Center. There are lots of pictures that make me feel all kinds of joy when looking at them as I remember how hard I laughed. I learned so many things this weekend (the most shocking of which probably being the fact that McDonalds owns Chipotle) and was completely inspired to change the world (starting by teaching chickens how to read so they can escape their fate as burrito bowls and McChicken sandwiches).

Though it is shameful to admit, one of my favorite pictures from the weekend is this picture of just myself. This picture was taken in the midst of a rock gathering expedition in which I was searching for one rock to bring home and one to throw in the ocean. The clothes I am wearing, the bareness of my feet, and the smile on my face are held so perfectly within the pixels of this photograph--pixels that take me back to this moment... A moment where I am cherished, listened to, delighted in, and encouraged to dream... A moment in which a partnership has begun that is unlike any I have ever experienced.
I am so thankful for this picture and even more thankful for the person who took it!



"Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good"

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me happy.
    Love the picture. Love that you felt cherished, listened to, and delighted in. Life is so good. Love you!

    ReplyDelete